• 2 generous cups Paneer cubes
• 1 large onion,chopped coarsely
• 3 tbsp butter
• 1/2 - 3/4 cups tomato puree
• 2-3 green chillies, as per taste
• 3-4 cloves garlic
• 2 inch ginger, peeled and chopped
• 1 tsp turmeric powder
• 1 tsp cumin-coriander powder
• 1 tsp Tandoori masala
• 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
• 1 tsp dried kasoori methi
• 1/4 cup cashew paste ( soak few cashew pieces in boiling water and grind)
• 1/4-1/2 cup heavy cream (as needed for consistency)
• salt to taste
• Mint and cilantro to garnish
In a skillet in 1/2 tsp oil, add the onion, chillies, garlic and ginger with a little salt. Saute until soft.
Transfer this mixture to the blender and blend it into a paste.
In the same skillet, add 3 tbsp of butter and then add the onion paste. Cook until butter/oil separates. If using cashew Paste add it along with this mixture now. or you can soak the cashew pieces in hot water and grind it along with the onion mixture.
Add the tomato puree and all the spices. Stir well and cook for another 5-10 minutes or until the raw smell of the puree disappears. Add kasoori methi and cook for another 5 minutes. You can at this point taste and see if you require additional salt. If yes, add more.
Drop in the paneer gently and give it a toss. Cook for another 2-3 minutes for the paneer to absorb the flavors.
Lower the heat to a simmer. Then add the heavy cream. Mix well.
You can garnish it with mint and cilantro if desired.